Sunday, April 6, 2014

Words to Avoid

I went for a haircut the other day, and while I was seated in the barbershop's reception area, I read the October 2013 copy of Men's Health Magazine. And on page 104, I found a brief article that enumerated a few words that a proper Filipino gentleman should never use in the context of a joke. I agreed with the article, which is why I am sharing its contents herewith. 


The words to avoid, in the context of a joke, are as follows:
- Retarded
- Autistic
- Rape
- Cancer
- The tagalog swear of "P.I." (or any swear or cuss word, for that matter)
- The "F" word
- The "N" word, and basically any racist word
- Fag (or any LGBT-bashing word)

I would also like to add to the list the word "stupid." And I definitely would advise against uttering the word "God" in vain.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment